Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hitting it Up ~ Amanda Style

1) Emilia has left Indiana and has boarded her plane home to Sweden. I spent my first day without her cleaning, stopping to cry, cleaning, walking around the mall, and sleeping on the couch. We miss her already!

2) I bought and read the first chapter of the last Sookie Stackhouse Novel, “Dead Reckoning”. Not that interesting in the first chapter, but I know my girl Charlaine Harris won’t disappoint with her latest masterpiece.

3) I discovered the Hallmark store has closed at the mall. Bummer.

4) I’m enjoying seeing my belly move from time to time with the baby. Feeling her move every day now.

5) Emilia’s mom was an absolute joy to have (and also very helpful with store runs for items we forgot at the last minute). She’s beautiful and nice. We took her to Chicago and walked Navy Pier, Millennium Park, Grant Park, and other parks within walking distance. We ate at this AMAZING pizza joint – Pizzano’s. We suggest you try it, ask for Uncle Chach’s section – tell him his “Swedish customers sent you!” and get the deep dish – it’s Fab!

6) The going away party for Emilia was a hit (although everyone still thinks it was a graduation party). Chris cooked Brats, Hamburgers, and Hot Dogs. He also made some crazy good Macaroni Salad. I bought fruit and veggie platters. My mom made and delivered some delicious cookies and butter-mints. I worried about not having enough plates and food, but of course – there was plenty.

7) This 77 degree day rocks, and I’m going to go sit on the porch and finish reading chapter 2 before Chris gets home from work. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment