Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Parent-To-Be Soapbox - JustSayin'

 I want to shout to the world that I love my daddy.... yes, he really is painting my nails for the Colts game! (Another big THANK-YOU to Ashley for putting that wonderful COLTS THEMED gift basket together for me - I LOVE IT!)

In other Father's day news - I have to wish Chris and HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! Think what you might about pregnant people celebrating Mother's Day/Father's Day, but I say if the bun is the oven then it's already bun.

Today at Church all the mother's and father's were asked to stand for a prayer, so I stood. Afterwards, a lady asked me which child was mine. After rubbing my belly and smiling, she gave me an odd look and laughed, "Oh, I assumed you meant you already are a mom!" Um... I really wanted to tell her that I'm pretty sure there is one in there and just because I can't spin her around and dress her up does make her any less of a baby. I already have to take care of her in every way (w/o the diapers though), I laugh with her, talk to her, read to her, get excited by her, get worried about her - watch what I eat and drink for her, and even though Chris only gets to hear what I say she's doing, talk to her, read to her(you know) and feel her kick from time-to-time when she's not being stubborn - she's his baby, so just because he can't spin her around and dress her up doesn't mean he's not a father.

Just to clarify, I understand the distinction - and I love hearing people say, "Oh, the mommy to be!" And use the term myself -  had this been a "special" Mother's/Father's Day thing I would have just stayed sitting. I just thought the reaction from the woman was incorrect. Perhaps I wouldn't have thought anything about it had she said something else like, "Oh, I thought you meant you already had one running around." I know she meant no harm, but it was just one those odd things that just strikes the wrong chord for whatever reason.




No comments:

Post a Comment