Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Love me Pies!

I’ve been lonely and bored these past few days with Emilia safely tucked away at her home in Sweden and Chris working in Germany. I’m not afraid to admit it… I pretended to be an old school housewife.

June Cleaver to be exact.

Yes, I had no real plans on Monday other than to (really, really) deep clean the house. So, I entertained myself by slipping on a dress that was a little fancier than a typical sun dress, but not quite dinner-date spectacular, and got to pulling everything out of the kitchen cupboards. Once my counters were free of debris, I decided a good June Cleaver would have something BAKING!


I slopped together some blueberry muffin mix and tossed the pan in the oven. I wasn’t done there. I wanted to bake even MORE! Without a second of hesitation I pulled out all the ingredients to make the pie crust for Lady Eva’s Famous Sugar Cream Pies that we LOVE so much!

While putting some elbow grease into my pastry mixer, I took a winded look down at my feet and the only thing I could think was, “Ah, hell’s bells – I’m pregnant, barefoot, and in the kitchen!” Talk about your all time stereotypes… I was it. I got a good chuckle to give me the strength to finish mixing that crust mix though – then spent 50 minutes rolling and cutting 6 shells (I’m getting pretty fast at flattening them babies out, but there is room for improvement).


I froze the shells and finished the pies up yesterday afternoon… Ate 2 Slices from one and it took all my restraint to keep from grabbing a third slice before covering them with foil and letting them nest out-of-my sight and in the new deep freeze we got from a guy that Chris works with in the garage.



It was GOOOoooooOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOoooooD!





2 comments:

  1. I haven't made the blueberry cake yet, lol. Here is the link for the one I was looking at though.. http://flourmewithlove.blogspot.com/2011/06/blueberries-and-cream-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! I'm thinking that looks really good! Blueberry farms open next week/ Think I'll pick some fresh ones and bake this up. =)

    ReplyDelete