Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Mess-Free Fingerpaint Day!

 

Katelyn and I have decided that we are going to do one craft project a week together. This past week I made the homemade finger paints again that I posted about in October from the Easie Peasie blog.


3TBS Sugar
1/2 TSP Salt
1/2 CUP Corn Starch
2 CUPS Water
**Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and worm till thickens. Let Cool. Scoop into containers and add food coloring.**
 I think entire process took about 20 minutes, including the cooling time.



I really wasn't feeling a whole messy day of wiping paint off the floor and walls, which is why I was super glad to have stumbled across a fun "Mess-Free" technique from The Hippie Housewife.  I think I was meant to find it this week, because she says she used Painters Tape which I normally don't keep, but since Chris is still painting the bedroom- I had some, and thought that's be better than regular Scotch tape since I couldn't find the roll of Masking Tape.
 
 
All I did was drop a couple spoonful's of the freshly made finger paint into regular sandwich baggies. Then I added several drops of food coloring. I made the first bag with just red, but it was boring, and had too much paint in it. 
 
The second bag Katelyn enjoyed a lot more. I put less paint mixture in the bag, and added blue to one side, and red on the other. Before sealing I tried to get as much air out as possible, and then just taped them to Katelyn's activity desk.  
 
She loved the squishy feeling, and really loved when I would pick her up and put her foot in it. Older children would probably have more fun with bigger bags, but these little bags were perfect for Katelyn at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment