Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Beautiful Sleeping Baby

I woke up on Saturday feeling like a terrible mother. I had already gotten up with Katelyn once that night, and when the sound of her crying trickled through the baby monitor again in the middle of the night- I turned it off like I normally do before tossing my legs over the bed to go sit with her. Except this time I was just far too tired. I dreamt that I was up and in her room when I never actually left my bed. (You know, like those odd times when you totally believe you are getting ready for work when the alarm clock goes off again, and you realize all you did was hit the snooze.)

It was 8:30 when I finally rolled out of bed for real, and Chris was still sound asleep. I jumped from the bed in a panic thinking Katelyn was going to hate me. I peeked in her crib to find her just like this. Curled up with the very cool pillow that Thom, Heidi, Matthew, and Andrew had sent her for Christmas and the Atlanta monkey she got from Greg, Cindy, and Sean . (Never mind the fact that she took her diaper off and tossed it out of the crib at some point.) She woke as happy as she normally does.

No comments:

Post a Comment