Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Friday, January 18, 2013

No Snow? No Problem!

 
Katelyn got her hands dirty and sticky last week. We decided to do a cheap and not-as-simple-as-I-thought  simple art project. Miss K is still a wee bit young for it, but she did a fantastic job assisting.
 
I asked her to pick one bottle of glue, and she first grabbed one, then two, and finally three.
 

She loves pulling toilet paper to shreds in the bathroom, so I knew she would love tearing the cotton balls into shreds as well. I helped her with the glue stick and once she learned she needed to put the cotton shreds on the glue---- she tried to take a short cut and put the glue stick in the cotton ball pile.
 

After we got all the cotton on, I drew a top hat on the snowman while Katelyn put the extra cotton balls back into the bag.

 I tried to get her to pose with the picture, but she was sticky and decided pulling the cotton off the paper was much more fun.
Wha-Lah! Our final portrait! He's looking a bit wobbly, haha!


1 comment: